Existing Member?

Shagger's Sheepdog Safari An insight into the journeys taken by a young pup as he traverses across the oceans in an attempt to find... something?

Boulder, that's it!

USA | Thursday, 19 July 2007 | Views [564]

It's a little surreal to think that in a couple of days i'll be in Barcelona and my trip to the states will have finished, but i'm glad to be heading off as i believe this country has given me all it can for the meanwhile.

Boulder is awesome, i love this place.  There is so much to do you could stay here for ever and just go riding, hiking, skiing, kayaking, and just about any other outdoor sport you can think of.  Christine took me for a hiking the other day with her regular hiking group for a 8 hour climb of about 800 metres up to two lakes called bob and betty.  It was good to get out in the bush again and check out the rockies.  We went down to Colorado Springs too to check out some cliff dwellings that the local native americans used to live in back over one hundred years ago.  We also drove up to Pikes Peak to see what it's like to be up over 14,000 feet - windy and a little cold.

Besides that i've just had a really cruisey time here chilling out in the local town and going for walks just up the hill.  Dave and Dale made a bit of a surprise visit for a few days which was great.  We went out on Sunday arvo for a few beers at a local then headed out for the nightlife which somehow ended at a swimming pool of a local estate of these people we met up with.

Dave and Dale finally got their tags for T-Rex and are now extremely happy that they have a god chance of selling the car legally.


Finally thoughts on America.  Things are really cheap here, anything made in mass production, ie. electronics, fast food, in fact food in general, is cheap even with the exchange rate - even though it's creeping up to 90 cents.  This means that people love to spend money and a large population are in debt, and the people who love fast food - a lot from down south - are big fat people.

The people are really nice though and most are not too arrogant and ignorant.  They all seem to love the Aussies and their accents which means that on some occasions all we had to do was open up mouths to start any conversation.

Till next time,

Luke

Tags: Relaxation

About shagger


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.