Existing Member?

Shagger's Sheepdog Safari An insight into the journeys taken by a young pup as he traverses across the oceans in an attempt to find... something?

Oh Canada!

CANADA | Thursday, 28 June 2007 | Views [529]

Bounjour,

As you can tell my french is great now. I can say, "Sorry i don't know how to speak french." It's great because then everyone speaks English to you and you don't look like a stupid American. Montreal was cool. The city was lively, maybe because of the Formula 1 on that weekend, but it also seems to be dripping with culture and class. After speaking to one of the bar staff at a cool little bar, we set off to impress the lady with a little cheat sheat of french sayings like, "I see the universe in your eyes" and "You, me let's go!" Needless to say that none of us got any action with this little piece of paper as our guide.

Next was Torronto and just a quick stop in for the night where we stayed with one of Dave's old friends. Things didn't seem to go right so we got out of there pretty quick and down to Niagra on the lake and Angels Gate, the winery where Phil and Meg live. We spent a cruisey couple of days there just chilling out and getting drunk on all things wine. Sophia is a little livewire, can seem to play ALL day long.

The last stop off in Canada was of course the Niagra Falls. Fairly large, a shit load of water going down it which dean would remark, hydro, but too touristy for my liking. There's pretty much a city built right on the falls. Anyway, Dave and I were honoury guest at a wedding on the Maid of the Mist. Very wey ceremony but cheap at about $10 per person.

So that was my quick stay in Canada, people still can't believe that Dave and Dale brought a car and were travelling around in it. The Tags, still hadn't come though when we passed the border and the count for being pulled over by the cops stands at 3. All about the temp licence plate that no one has seen up here or heard about, but they seem to believe the story we tell and let us go.

Next stop, State College!

Tags: Trippin around

 

About shagger


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.