Existing Member?

You are now leaving the hyper-extended metaforest Welcome! This is a place to not only share my travel adventures with my friends and family, but also to share ideas and insights which stem from my life's journey on the road less travelled. I am hoping that this original research and perspectives can offer uncommon ways of looking at the world that might stimulate a new image, idea, or connection in you, the reader. This is my place to share my philosophy and experience in a proper forum, so as to not terrorize my friends with passionate diatribe, and in a manner that is well-thought out, with supporting evidence from the world-at-large.

How To Win the Next Election

CANADA | Sunday, 7 January 2007 | Views [549]

I think that one thing the more liberal politically-motivated folks are realizing in the past few years is that the main reason that we have been losing power in the last few decades is that our friends who are minorities or who subsist in lower income brackets have felt increasingly powerless to change the status quo. Because we have been discovering that more people who would vote for progressive candidates seem to not get around to voting than people who would vote for conservative candidates, the simple solution then is to get more of our powerless-feeling friends to the polls. For the next election, I propose the "Buddy System," where each voting individual adopts a "Buddy." The voter not only makes certain that their Buddy is registered in time for the vote, they also personally accompany (if necessary) this Buddy to the voting booth. If absentee ballot is chosen, then they are personally seeing to it that the ballot gets both received and mailed in time to be counted. The Practicing Voter does NOT tell their Buddy how to vote, and offers advice only if asked. The best advice of course is to tell them, "Research it yourself!" While the Buddy will be understandably mildly annoyed by this process, I believe they will forgive their adoptee and friend the moment the voting results return and they realize, "Wow! Maybe I DID make a difference. Maybe I DO have the power to change what does not make me happy!" The other part of this puzzle is to have very vocal vote-counters who watchdog the process even more assiduously than before.

Tags: Politics

About segue


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.