Existing Member?

You are now leaving the hyper-extended metaforest Welcome! This is a place to not only share my travel adventures with my friends and family, but also to share ideas and insights which stem from my life's journey on the road less travelled. I am hoping that this original research and perspectives can offer uncommon ways of looking at the world that might stimulate a new image, idea, or connection in you, the reader. This is my place to share my philosophy and experience in a proper forum, so as to not terrorize my friends with passionate diatribe, and in a manner that is well-thought out, with supporting evidence from the world-at-large.

Origin of the Journal Name

CANADA | Wednesday, 17 January 2007 | Views [398]

The name originates from a 1996 inner voyage with a former partner from a previous life. We evolved an elaborate metasystem to describe a phenomena in the evolution of humans by which, in the process of developing our brains while increasingly abstracting ourselves from the natural environment, we are raising children who do not know the origins of things. They may see an airplane before ever seeing their first bird, and not know that original inspiration for creating an airplane was by a human wanting to fly like a bird. They may see flippers before dolphins or Santa Claus before the mushroom that inspired his colors and the myths of flying reindeer. I had a dream of opening a new coffeeshop in Seattle after The Exit closed. This is what would have been written over the doorway. The coffeeshop would not have a name per se, being defined instead by what it was not. Is it as good a name for this journal? Maybe not, here in abstraction-land. But it makes me happy to see it over the gateway right now, greeting wayfarers who have the misfortune to stumble into Segue-land.

Tags: Background

About segue


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.