Existing Member?

You are now leaving the hyper-extended metaforest Welcome! This is a place to not only share my travel adventures with my friends and family, but also to share ideas and insights which stem from my life's journey on the road less travelled. I am hoping that this original research and perspectives can offer uncommon ways of looking at the world that might stimulate a new image, idea, or connection in you, the reader. This is my place to share my philosophy and experience in a proper forum, so as to not terrorize my friends with passionate diatribe, and in a manner that is well-thought out, with supporting evidence from the world-at-large.

New Year Evolution

CANADA | Tuesday, 2 January 2007 | Views [361]

Despite the fact that I celebrate the New Year when the man burns, I find myself--on the first day of 2007 on the Gregorian calendar--beginning something which I have been needing to begin for a very very long time. Here's to a New Year in which all who have been afraid to express in the past find the courage this year to speak from the heart. We enter a year in which global warming is finally beginning to be acknowledged by the general public. Procrastination is rapidly going out of fashion. 

YOU are creating your world, nobody else.  Don't blame it on God, or Allah, or Yahweh or Shiva.  Earth is our home.  We evolved in tandem with her.  There are no others.  The astronomers know; they've been looking for quite some time.  Let's not fuck it up, or any dreams of space travel or technological advances will become very unimportant when we can no longer drink the water or breathe the air on HQ, our base of operations.  As the saying goes, "Don't shit where you eat."  Beyond the ranger admonition to doodoo at least 200ft from your water source, what does that mean?

How about a moment of silence on that...

Tags: On the Road

About segue


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.