Existing Member?

Travel Scholarships - Travel. Experience. Contribute.

Antarctica Photographic Exhibition by Jason Edwards and Anna Zhu

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 28 March 2011 | Views [11112]

Antarctica Photographic Exhibition, UTS  - photo by Jason Lyons

Antarctica Photographic Exhibition, UTS - photo by Jason Lyons

Remember Anna Zhu?

 

Our 2009 Travel Photography Scholarship winner who went on assignment to Antarctica with National Geographic photographer Jason Edwards?

Her stunning photographs have captured the attentions of many including UTS (Sydney, Australia). Together with WorldNomads.com and our program partners National Geographic Channel and Gap Adventures, UTS are currently hosting an exhibition of Anna's Antarctica photos alongside the work of veteran photographer and mentor Jason Edwards. 

 

Photos: Jason Lyon

The exhibition includes 34 photos, and 3 video presentations including interviews with both Jason and Anna in Antarctica about their experience.

Our opening night event on March 24 attracted about 150 folk, and we were treated to talks from both Jason and Anna.

Any Sydney Nomads out there, please check out the free exhibition which is running until April 15, 2011 at  UTS Tower, Foyer Exhibition Space Building 1 Level 4, 15 Broadway Ultimo, NSW (map)

Congratulations to both Anna and Jason!

Let us know what you think if you make it along.

Jason Edwards and son Will. Photo: Jason Lyon

Photo: Jason Lyon

Travel. Learn. Create.

For all of you aspiring creatives, check out our Scholarships page and sign up to hear about our latest opportunities, tips, advice and interviews with industry professionals in the fields of photography, travel writing and filmmaking.

And if you're lucky enough to be mentored by one of our industry professionals, it could kick start your career!

About WorldNomads.com

WorldNomads.com keeps you travelling safely.  Whether you’re off for a long weekend, looking for the ultimate adventure or living the nomadic dream, you’ll stay safe with Travel Insurance you can buy online, anytime, and the latest travel safety advice. Learn how to flirt in over 25 languages with our free language guides and have an experience of a lifetime on a travel scholarship. We'll also help you share your journey with a free travel blog, get answers from other nomads to all of your travel questions (try the new 'Ask A Nomad' iPad app) and donate to a local community development project through our Footprints program.  

WorldNomads.com - an essential part of every adventurous traveller's journey.

 

 

 

 

About scholarships


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.