Existing Member?

Travel Scholarships - Travel. Experience. Contribute.

Travel Writing Dream Comes True for Scholarship Recipient

WORLDWIDE | Wednesday, 5 May 2010 | Views [3720] | Comments [1]

Jessica Lee, 2009 Travel Writing Scholarship recipient  in Petra

Jessica Lee, 2009 Travel Writing Scholarship recipient in Petra

2009 World Nomads Travel Writing Scholarship winner, Jessica Lee, has been keeping herself busy over the past year. As well as running back and forth across the Middle East in her usual job, as a tour leader for Intrepid Travel, she’s also authored two guidebooks to the region for Footprint Book!

Her Footprint guide to Syria is out on bookstore shelves now and her Footprint guide to Jordan is available later this year. Winning the competition convinced Jess to really concentrate on her writing. As she says herself, “without winning this competition I really don't know if I'd have been accepted into the close-knit world of travel writing so readily so a huge shukron gazeelan to all at World Nomads for putting together such a wonderful opportunity for would-be travel writers.”

Being able to write about the region she’s called home for the past four years has been, in her own words, a dream come true. As for the future; at the moment Jess is still tour leading but there are a couple of more writing projects in the pipeline and she hopes in the long term she’ll be able to write full-time for a living.

 

Comments

1

just read your nila river story,very proud of you getting footprints in syria...take care and keep safe love you dad

  Ken Lee Dec 1, 2010 8:12 PM

About scholarships


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.