Existing Member?

Travel Scholarships - Travel. Experience. Contribute.

2007 World Nomad's Travel Photography Scholarship Winner, Cameron Herweynen Shares His News

WORLDWIDE | Wednesday, 20 January 2010 | Views [4026]

It’s been a very exciting busy year for Cameron Herweynen, 2007 World Nomads Travel Photography Scholarship winner.

In June he received his first major magazine assignment, shooting for Morning Calm, a South Korean publication, working on a feature article about Sydney’s top restaurants.

In August he returned for another amazing year as an official photographer of the Garma festival.

 

 

September took him on his first overseas assignment shooting Puerto Rican street food for the same Korean magazine.  Then to London to cover a 'helicopter pub crawl' feature for London's Sunday Times TRAVEL Magazine.

His last assignment for 2009 was back in Australia, working with World renowned chef Tetsuya of Tetsuya's restaurant Sydney.

Then to top it all off he had his portfolio and an article published in the Oct/Nov issue of AUSTRALIAN TRAVELLER MAGAZINE!!  

He has recently returned from a trip to Bali where he captured some great photos of the Seaweed Farmers of Nusa Lembongan.

Check them out at: http://cam.smugmug.com/ASIA/BALI/SEAWEED-FARMERS-of-Lembongan/10443077_5gxxN#724272887_4Cnh6

All in all Cameron's Photography career has really taken off in 2009.  Congratulations Cameron. We look forward to hearing about what 2010 has to offer!

 


All the best,

Tara Parsons
World Nomads Program Manager

Travel. Learn. Create.

For all of you aspiring creatives, check out our Scholarships page and sign up to hear about our latest opportunities, tips, advice and interviews with industry professionals in the fields of photography, travel writing and filmmaking.

And if you're lucky enough to be mentored by one of our industry professionals, it could kick start your career!

About WorldNomads.com

WorldNomads.com keeps you travelling safely.  Whether you’re off for a long weekend, looking for the ultimate adventure or living the nomadic dream, you’ll stay safe with Travel Insurance you can buy online, anytime, and the latest travel safety advice. Learn how to flirt in over 25 languages with our free language guides and have an experience of a lifetime on a travel scholarship. We'll also help you share your journey with a free travel blog, get answers from other nomads to all of your travel questions (try the new 'Ask A Nomad' iPad app) and donate to a local community development project through our Footprints program.  

WorldNomads.com - an essential part of every adventurous traveller's journey.

About scholarships


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.