Existing Member?

Travel Scholarships - Travel. Experience. Contribute.

Travel Writing Assignment - mission accomplished!

SRI LANKA | Monday, 4 August 2008 | Views [5155]

Susannah (far right) with her Sri Lankan 'family'

Susannah (far right) with her Sri Lankan 'family'

Susannah has returned from her Travel Writing assignment in Sri Lanka where she volunteered in Kosgoda, a small coastal village devastated by the tsunami. She got her hands dirty working on everything from building houses to teaching English and saving turtles!

Whilst Susannah prepares her travel story for publication in the Sydney Morning Herald, we can read all about her adventures and see the pics at her World Nomads journal page.

 

 

Susannah said of her adventure; "I'd do it all again in a flash, I loved Sri Lanka, so beautiful and the local people were so friendly...working with my mentor Keith Austin has been an amazing experience, I can't wait to get my story finished so I can share with everyone."

Neither can we!

Susannah also used the opportunity whilst in Sri Lanka to put together a radio story about the ongoing conflict between the Government and Tamil Tigers. Her podcast was picked up and broadcast by ABC Radio National (Australia).

Congratulations Susannah!

CLICK HEREto listen to Susannah's podcast.

 

About scholarships


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Sri Lanka

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.