Existing Member?

Travel Scholarships - Travel. Experience. Contribute.

Passport & Plate: ITALY - Filmmakers Announced!

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 7 April 2014 | Views [1154]

Choosing the three filmmakers to go on assignment was a very difficult process for us at World Nomads, simply due to the overwhelming selection of quality cinematographers, directors and producers who submitted their reels.

But finally, after long consideration, we are very pleased to announce the three incredibly talented film-makers that will be on their way over to Italy to capture all of the food magic!

Carl Pendle, from the UK, wowed us with his tremendous showcase of food related films. Carl not only delivers fantastic, crisp images with excellent consideration of shot choice, he also has the journalistic nous to deliver exceptional process interviews. He is a fantastic all-rounder that we am sure will be able to deliver the goods, and then some.

Carl will be headed to the Langhe e Roero region of Italy to film our 'Anthropologist' food explorer.

Seth Coleman, an American ex-pat now based in Shanghai, China. Seth bowled us over with his ability to get excellent subjects and stories, in particular his story about a Bagel Baker in China – we never thought I'd get so personally moved by bagels! Seth is also a highly proficient operator and delivers fantastic imagery, interesting subject and fascinating story.

Seth is off to Cinque Terre to capture the journey of our 'Pilgrim' food explorer.

Andrew Robinson, also from the UK, comes to the table with a highly impressive spectrum of work – and is equally comfortable with clients such as Al Jazeera as he is with fashion shoots. His imagery is robust, striking and rich and we are sure he will produce film quality of the highest caliber for World Nomads' latest adventure to Italy.

Andrew will be going to Emilia-Romagna to film our 'Culinarian' food explorer.

Congratulations to the three successful applicants! And to many of those who applied – you are still in our sights!

Find out more about our 'Passport & Plate' program and check out the winning food explorers here.

Travel. Learn. Create.

For all of you aspiring creatives, check out our Scholarships page and sign up to hear about our latest opportunities, tips, advice and interviews with industry professionals in the fields of photography, travel writing and filmmaking.

And if you're lucky enough to be mentored by one of our industry professionals, it could kick start your career!

About WorldNomads.com

WorldNomads.com keeps you travelling safely.  Whether you’re off for a long weekend, looking for the ultimate adventure or living the nomadic dream, you’ll stay safe with Travel Insurance you can buy online, anytime, and the latest travel safety advice. Learn how to flirt in over 25 languages with our free language guides and have an experience of a lifetime on a travel scholarship. We'll also help you share your journey with a free travel blog, get answers from other nomads to all of your travel questions (try the new 'Ask A Nomad' iPad app) and donate to a local community development project through our Footprints program.  

WorldNomads.com - an essential part of every adventurous traveller's journey.

 

About scholarships


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.