Existing Member?

China in a nut shell My dealings with China

Guangzhou, Christmas and other stuff

CHINA | Wednesday, 15 December 2010 | Views [688] | Comments [1]

Guangzhou - 14 million, 2 hours from Huizhou. Subway, goat park, shopping, games area, museum.

Huizhou - Darts, christmas shopping, school. ipad

So i'll start with Guangzhou. It is big and awesome. Beautiful city so much going on everywhere. We got there around 11 and went straight to this massive park. It has tons of cool stuff you see in my photos and this famous goat statue. Although not very old it is a major attraction because of what it represents or some gumf like that. The park was amazing! such variety and so well kept. After that we had a quick meal and then off to Guangzhou's famous shopping streets. It was literal miles of wall to wall shops, some no more than 1m wide to 4m long. Everything was on sale and everywhere was packed. This cookie place you see in the photos was pretty cool. Bought Crystal lots of stuff because i'm nice and some things for me too. All of it was very cheap! We walked for 4 hours or something looking at shops and by the end we were both having trouble standing, it really hurt! Anyway found a hotel near Crystal's second sisters that was really nice and not very expensive. It has been a while since i stayed in a hotel so i really enjoyed it. Met Crystal's second sister that evening for some dinner and a walk (ugh) about the Guangzhou games area. It was amazing! so big and modern i couldn't believe it. Really busy despite it being like 10pm. Went home after that for some very much needed sleep. I woke the next day with horribly sore and still tired legs, like i had run for miles and miles. But still did some more touristy stuff. Went the guangdong museum which was not surprisingly massive. It was really cool and lots of very photo worthy stuff but unfortunately we had to fly through it so we could catch the bus back to Huizhou. Bussed back home and Crystal had to go to work and i think i just sat and home and relaxed! mwhahahaaaaaa And so ends Guangzhou, brilliant. I will be going back.

Whats happening in Huizhou you ask? Or at least i hope so. Huizhou is still great. In my free time i get massages, play screen golf, play some sports and pay darts. Darts has started slowing down but i did play graham recently and kick some ass. The massages are always different but great. It really hurts at some points and i just laugh like an idiot and they masseurs must think i'm mental. Screen golf went really well last time so hopefully i can keep doing that more too. I actually went to this all you can eat and drink Japanese place yesterday. Great atmosphere, food, drink and style. 5 stars. I will go again and get some snaps. I have been doing some christmas shopping which has been fun. There is just so much choice here and everything is so affordable that i am spoiled for choice. I want to get Crystal a necklace but she is very wishy washy when she looks at them "hmmmmmmmm maybe" "too expensive" etc etc so i worry i might get the wrong one.

Right this is serious. I was in a super store today and i don't know why but i was checking out the computers and stuff and i saw the Ipad. I never wanted one before but i had a go of it and i REALLY want one now. It is 4000 kwai without extras but 5000 with some cool add ons. Now is it stupid if i buy one? Let me know because i am very tempted.

School is going fine. My kids are showing some improvement at last so that is good but some have been switching out and in so i worry that its not all peaches and cream. Christmas party on the 18th. 200 people and shows from the students. I am santa too! Sounds fun but i have to do this in between classes which sucks so i am going to be well tired. It over my lunch period, i asked about lunch and i can have some when they don't need me i was told...great.

Christmas is coming. Working on Christmas day but going to have a dinner with some friends at around 7 30 i think so that should be good! Get new years day off so i might just have a few on new years eve ;)

Looking forward to my 2 weeks holiday though so i can see a bit more of china. Going to HK to see Chris and Mum on the 28th of January which should be cool.

Right that is everything up until now! More teaching and christmas activities to come for me although nothing like the UK. I will let you know how the school lunch goes and will hopefully gt some snaps! Seriously let me know about the buying an Ipad. good or bad idea?

Love Sam

Comments

1

the eternal question: ipad's are hot but so much pennies! did you get the touch instead? Alasdair got me a Kindle for christmas so im super excited :) p.s. your girlfriend is hot :P

  Catriona Dec 20, 2010 9:32 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.