Existing Member?

A Whole New World Thanks for your prayers and your support! -Josh, Mallory, Megan, and Billy

Es Supair (It's super)

INDIA | Sunday, 13 July 2008 | Views [562] | Comments [3]

Thank you for praying for us and keeping up with the blog.  As I was thinking of what I wanted to write about I played through some of the lessons God has been teaching me during my time here.  God is good.  That has not changed no matter how I've been feeling or what I'm thinking.  It's been refreshing to see God's character revealed and confirmed over and over again.  The flip side of seeing Christ's love is realizing one's depravity.  Psalm 51 has been a passage I've contemplated a lot recently.  Especially the part where David says, "For I know my transgressions, and my sin is ever before me.  Against You, You only, have I sinned and doen what is evil in Your sight, so that You may be justified in Your words and blameless in Your judgment."  (Ps. 51: 3-4)

I know Christ has forgiven me and I take great comfort in that assurance, but I desire to change to be more like Him.  My biggest fear regarding this trip is that I will come back home and forget about this time here.  I know that I could forget about the people and their faces, forget about how little they have, forget about what physical poverty looks like, forget the ugliness of idol worship and possibly forget how evil my heart is, and worst of all forget the time I've had in God's presence.  I don't want to come home, get re-adjusted, and then live life as I used to.  I hope that I will care more about people, realize how amazingly blessed I am, and continue to pray daily for the people here - if I do it all on my own strength though I will never remember.

This time has been incredible and I love how near Christ is.  I would like you all to pray that I would put into practice Romans 12:1-2 and that I would live a transformed life that depends on the Spirit.  Being here has intensified a lot of the lessons I have been learning over the past few years since I came to know Christ and I want them to be a permanent part of my walk.

Again thank you for prayers especially in regards to my health - I'm feeling good (just sometimes tired) and I know that it's because God has kept me in His care.  More people have been able to pronounce my name (score) and being here has felt very comfortable.  It's been difficult with the heat - it drains your energy - especially when I want to play with the kids.  My girls taught me a bunch of clapping songs and I think I finally got the words down to a hand clapping song - the lyrics include the names "John Julie" - ha ha it's weird. 

The bugs here are out of control - seriously they are big enough to drive cars.  Megan valliantly killed the biggest wasp beast I've ever seen (it looked like a transformer) and considers it her "most athletic moment."  Ha ha anyway, India is fantastic and I hope you are all doing well.  Keep praying and seek hard after Christ!

Love,

Mallory

Comments

1

HI you four awesome adorable mighty warriors for Christ!!! Hearing your stories and the sharing of your heart just reveals to me what God must feel as He looks down on you ...protective, genuine, deep love! You are so sincere in your desire to walk strong and to serve our wonderful God. I know He will honor your desire to see revival in the land and in you!

I know what you mean Mallory about not wanting to come home and forget. Life here in America is so differet. Our daily routines, food, just everything is different and we have so much here. But know this : there are hurting people who are in poverty of spirit who God will put in your path. There is much ministry to be done in our own back yards. Just think of the idols in America! They may not have a zillion hands but they are just as insidious.

You all bless me every time I read your blog. I am going to have a serious withdrawal when you come home. I love this blog!

Love,
Mrs. R./Mom

  cathy Jul 14, 2008 4:45 AM

2

Hi Mal!

I wanted to let you, and the rest of the team, know that I've been praying for you. Specifically, the Lord has put it on my heart to pray that you guys would remember what He's taught you. It's cool to see how God guides our prayers even before you express your needs or requests. It reminds me of Matthew 6:8, "...for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him." May you all continue to be blessed by God's favor and the knowledge of His grace.

Love,
Jocelyn

  Jocelyn Jul 14, 2008 7:22 AM

3

My tip is make sure when you get back talk to those who you are closest to about the things you learnt and how you want to be different because things can be so clear over there but your old life is waiting when you get back. Thanks for the post though as it has reminded me t make sure I'm not letting go of the things I learnt over there.
Anyway it's good to read about how you guys are going although you have made me regret my decision not to return to Salem for the extra few weeks. You guys will just have to come back to India again next year :)
V

  Vaughan Jul 16, 2008 4:58 PM

About salvation_karmy

here we are

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.