Existing Member?

India

here's the general skeleton

INDIA | Monday, 18 February 2008 | Views [2020]

ahhhh...where to start?  I've been in India for a week and a half now.  Kinda hard to believe - so much has happened I feel like I've been here for months.  At the moment I'm traveling with 3 exceptional people: my good friend Noah from way back in the 1st grade and 2 people I met through him, Haley and Kyle.  We started out in Chennai, India's fourth largest city with about 7 million people, and our making our way to Mumbai where Haley flies out on February 28th. 

We've been on the move - staying in different cities and towns for a night or two and then taking trains and buses to new destinations.  So far we've walked roads in Chennai, Mamallapuram, Tiruvannamalai, Pondicherry, Trichy, Kodaikanal, Madurai, Kollam, Kottayam, and Alappuzha.  I know this probably doesn't mean much but it gives an idea how many places we've been and if you want to check out a map you can see our general route.  I'm digging the way we travel and think that the places we eat and the lodges in which we stay provide the most genuine window into Indian life as we can get (considering we are foreigners and are in a given place for such a short time).  

After we make it to Mumbai Kyle, Noah and I might be able to travel to Bhutan depending on whether we can gain access through a friend of Noah's family.  It'd be amazing if that happens considering so few foreigners have been in that country.  Soon after that I'll bid farewell to Noah and Kyle as the leave for trekking and I search for solid yoga teachers in Rishikesh.  There are specific stories, impressions, etc. but time is short.  Be back soon for more detailed experiences.  paz.

Tags: Adrenaline

About rymaher


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.