Existing Member?

Trutt's Travels

Ipoh Fun!

MALAYSIA | Monday, 26 March 2018 | Views [706]

A couple of hours north of KL lies the city of Ipoh.  I was reliably informed it is known for its beansprouts, which quite frankly did not sound that appealing.  I eat my words (well beansprouts), they are delicious.  Juicy and full of flavour served alongside some yummy soy sauce covered noodles - soooo good.  The city was small and compact but full of gorgeous architechure.  Remnants of its colonial past at the ornate railway station and clock tower alongside typical Chinese architecture in the old town's houses; dark woods and shutters aplenty.  We explore 'Concubine Lane' where traders were selling their wares, delicious peanut candy and coconut buns, not to forget the refreshing ice pops that were well needed!  Ipoh also has a lot of street art, not dissimiliar to Penang - beautifully painted and intricate tales they told.  Had some delicious evening food in the evening - reminded me of the yummy Indian food from Leicester/South Londn ahaha!  On the final day we explored the Sam Poh Pong Temple - a beautful Buddhist temple built into a cave where I burnt some incencese and made my wish for...it's a secret!  Overall a fantastic weekend with Keita, Adduni and Justine...what adventures next!?

T x

Tags: architecture, beansprouts, colonial, food, ipoh, tourist

About rutttroy


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.