Existing Member?

Trutt's Travels

Gong Xi Fa Cai! (Happy Chinese New Year)

MALAYSIA | Wednesday, 21 February 2018 | Views [762] | Comments [1]

Helloooooo!

It has been ages since I have updated my blog - sorry!  So much has happened and I will attempt to let you know my latest escapades without boring you too much!  

So we all returned safely from Port Dickson after a fun 'camp' albeit with 36 mosquito bites - those darn things love me!

We broke up for the Christmas holidays on November 30th and I was faced with a month off - hard right?!  Ahahaha!

Firstly spent a week in Vietnam with Amy and Brad.  So lovely to catch up with them, I wish we were neighbours - maybe a future placement!?  Me and Amy did the PRISM run which was basically a cross between a rave and a colour run.  If I needed further evidence to prove it, I am so out of shape lol.  It was fun nonetheless and hung out with Brad in the day, getting important things down like mani/pedi ; )  Great to see the girls too and had lots of fun at a BOUNCE type like place with Delilah before heading to a French bakery for cupcakes - this is how you spend holidays my friends!  The only down side was that I was rather poorly and was diagnosed with pharyngitis (throat infection) and was given a course of antibioitcs - 200 GBP to see the doctor and prescription...appreciate your NHS!  Spent couple days in central HCM exploring the amazing War Remnants Museum - you should all go!  I LOVE HCM - could definitely live there.

After this I went back to KL for the weekend and then on to UK for Christmas.  Was so excited to come home and see everyone and it didn't dissapoint.  Stayed with my lovely bestie Carrie and god-daughter Connie.  So great to catch up.  Managed to see loads of lovely friends over the break but was still ill so had to cut back on a few social gatherings lol.  I was sooooo cold in UK, going from 30c to 3c in a day!  I had no winter clothes in London so heavily borrowed haha!  Headed back to Kettering after a week in London and just as there tried to see as many people as possible, highlights seeing school peeps, Mel's party, seeing my old tutor group (miiiis them!), work friends, family, annual uni meal and of course being reunited with my wifey xxx  Still ill so saw the doctor and said I had tonsilities now and more antibiotics were given!

Back to KL on 27th after spending time with family on Xmas Day.  A fab New Year at Desa City with work peeps accompanied with the hangover from hall/jet lag/illness...but I solidered on!

So back to work and it has been great.  It feels super chilled and the time is just flying by. I have gone past 6 months now which seems crazy and have just signed off my probationary period.  Have applied for Head of History so we will see how that goes.  Been my sociable self of course and spending too much - trying to limit my outgoings with the high tax :(

So it was half term last week (Wed-Wed which seems strange) and I had such a lovely chilled time.  Tried a wine buffet with Rachel, Rachel and Andy - never again.  Greek wine is cheap for a reason, but always fun hanging out with them.  Working on my tan as always!  Ara Green 'bake off' where mine and Keita's AMAZING cupcakes were under appreciated, nonetheless a fun night had by all.  On Monday went on a Segway tour of Putrajaya which was so much fun - who doesn't love a Segway!  Putrajaya was surprisingly beautiful too!  Caught up with an old school friend too (Simon) and his family which was lovely after 8 years!  Back to work now and plodding along until the end of Term 2 (Easter  - Thursday 29th March)

I am back for a FLYING visit from 29th March - 5th April for Nicky and Rachel's wedding.  Very excited and I'm an usher too!  Will be in Leicester Thu/Fri/Sat morning, Kettering Sat aft/evening, Sun-Tues and London on Wednesday before an early flight on Thursday!  Busy busy but excited.  Should be having Faye and family stay for a weekend in April, Dawn in May and Pedro for New Year.  

Come visit soon!  I am not planning on returning to the UK until Summer 2019 after my Easter visit so make the most of my spare room and relatively low airfares (500 GBP) and come stay!!!  Off to CNY celebration on Friday at Suet Wei's house - fireworks and food await woo hoo!

Troy xxx

Tags: chinese new year, christmas, fun, holiday, malaysia, school, uk, vietnam, wedding

Comments

1

We loved having you to stay. Come again any time and we will come and visit you too xxx

  Amy Feb 21, 2018 6:02 PM

About rutttroy


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.