Existing Member?

Rosi & Jen's 11 Thousand Beach Odyssey Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you did not do, then the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream...."

The Royal Palace Phnom Penh

CAMBODIA | Sunday, 20 April 2008 | Views [821]

After the tragedy of The Killing Fields we thought it was time to celebrate the beautiful spirit and incredible genius of the Cambodian nation.  We went to the Royal palace in Phnom Penh we we stood in awe of some of the finest architecture we have ever seen.  The more we see of Cambodia and its people the more we fall in love with the place.  There are a great deal of expats here from all over the world but especially Australia.  The ones we've spoken to have the same feelings for the place as we are growing to have. Despite all that has happened to the people, the landscape and the country as a whole they are a nation who will not allow their spirit to be defeated.  The people are full of happiness and love and a joy of life that we have not seen before. 

Tags: cambodia, phnom penh

About rosibud


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.