Existing Member?

Rosi & Jen's 11 Thousand Beach Odyssey Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you did not do, then the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream...."

Raffles

SINGAPORE | Wednesday, 27 February 2008 | Views [922]

Raffles truly is one of the most beautiful hotels in the world.  Sipping Singapore Slings in the Long bar yesterday was of course the typical tourist thing one does on a balmy afternoon in Singapore.  But we loved it.  Ridiculously expensive, but worth it for the atmosphere of the Long Bar.  We sat there cracking peanuts and tossing their shells on the mosaiced tilefloor that was already scattered with the remnants of past tourists efforts.  We discussed how we’d like to open a bar in Australia identical to the magnificent Long Bar, of course it would have to be somewhere equally as balmy like Cairns or Darwin.  We romanced over what it must have been like to sit in the bar all those years ago and create the famous cocktail.   Sometimes you just have to fall into the tourist trap.  After our last slurps of sling were finished we of course left to find a cheaper place to drink.

Tags: Relaxation

About rosibud


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Singapore

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.