Existing Member?

Rosi & Jen's 11 Thousand Beach Odyssey Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you did not do, then the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream...."

Homeless and Unemployed :-) and luvin it!!!

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 16 February 2008 | Views [743]

Yesterday Jen and I farewelled work for the last time.  What a surreal day it was.  Old friends came to say goodbye and have a farewell drink. It was so good to see people some I haven't seen for years.  I feel quite numb and the reality of what has happened hasn't even begun to hit me.  I have spent more than half my life working for the one company. It's been more than a job it's a whole culture.  I honestly can't believe I have left for good.  In the past 24 hours however there has been a change in Jen and myself.  We are suddenly talking about the trip and all the things we want to do and see.  It's really going to happen!!!!!  WOW!!!!!!  HOLY COW!!!!!!!

We flew out this morning to Nelson Bay to spend 5 precious days with Jen's family.  At the moment I'm sitting in Jen's parents lounge room.  They are both full of questions about where we are going and what plans we have made.  Her Dad's been reading our guidebooks with interest and asking heaps of questions and offering fatherly advice as only fathers can.  I must say it’s good to finally stop still.  Even if it is only for 5 days.  The last few months have been ridiculously intense and now we are down to less than a week.  In fact this time next Saturday we will BE in Singapore and the adventure will indeed, have begun.

 

Tags: The Planning Phase

About rosibud


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.