Existing Member?

Rosi & Jen's 11 Thousand Beach Odyssey Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you did not do, then the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream...."

Observations

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 16 January 2008 | Views [524]

I was sitting in a sushi bar yesterday having a quick lunch on my own and I started hearing the conversation of the two 30 something girls sitting next to me.  They were talking about office politics and the whole snarky comments, bitching and back stabbing that usually goes on in an office was the topic of the day. 

“And you know that time when I was on holidays and I called in sick on my first day back but I REALLY was sick” 

“Um yes I vaguely remember”

“Well that cow Cheryl goes into the meeting and says Tracey was due back from holidays to day but called in sick… well I think we all know how sick she is… NOT!”

"Well I couldn’t believe it!!!   I mean I really was sick and its not the first time she done that…. That cow is going to get what’s coming to her…”

“Blah blah blah rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb”

I sat there eating my sushimi and wondered if there is an island in Vietnam where I can rent a bamboo bungalow for a month and lay in a hammock reading a book, drinking 18c beers and eating fresh fish for dinner.

Tags: The Planning Phase

About rosibud


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.