Existing Member?

Adventures Abroad

30 August, Saturday

UNITED KINGDOM | Saturday, 30 August 2008 | Views [529]

A lovely, relaxed day today - we decided to stay "home" and veg. out. I did a pile of washing, then Ron and I attempted to sort out the things we had bought and to work out the best way to distribute them amongst our baggage! Not an easy task.

Chris was working, Laura and Rob went into Reading for some shopping and Alex was playing with his friend, Olivia. Jean was at home and we all did what we needed to do, interspersed with cups of tea and lunch.

Sam arrived around 5pm, to stay overnight and, when Chris got home from work around 7.30pm we had a great barbecue and a lovely evening in the back garden - probably the balmiest night we have had since we arrived and, as anyone who has been to Europe would be aware, the evenings are much lighter later than at home.

As it is Rob's birthday next week, we had a cake and sang Happy Birthday, much to Alex and Olivia's delight and then around 9.45pm Chris needed to go to bed as he has to leave for work just after 4.30am tomorrow.

We ended the evening idly chatting, finishing off a really lovely family day.

About ronsan


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.