Existing Member?

Adventures Abroad

23 July, Wednesday

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 23 July 2008 | Views [165]

Today we went into Widnes with Allan and Dot (When we were first married, we bought a house in Widnes). We visited the markets and also some shops, after which we had lunch before returning to Allan and Dot's home.

In the afternoon, Ron and I drove into Liverpool to visit Ron's beloved Everton Football Ground - we had a browse around the Everton Mega Shop (buying some goodies for Ron, our grandchildren and our Goddaughter, Diana)and then walked over to the stadium. We were a bit cheeky and walked into the stadium itself and managed to take some photographs.

On our way home we had a drive around some parts of Liverpool we hadn't visited before (at least not on this visit). We walked around Woolton Village where Ron spent some time when he was in the police force, we admired the hanging baskets and then headed for home. Allan was working and so we decided to have a quiet night in with Dot. Jeff and Lynn called in for a quick visit, and then two of Dot's friends arrived. There are always several people visiting Dot and Allan - they are incredibly hospitable and welcoming. 

About ronsan


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.