Existing Member?

Adventures Abroad

20 & 21 July, Sunday and Monday

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 21 July 2008 | Views [225]

Sunday was spent clearing up the remnants of the party and seeing Julie, Chris and Chantelle off home to Cheltenham. Allan went to pick up Poppy, their Cavalier, who had been in kennels for two days. Later we went out for dinner to a local Chinese restaurant and then headed for the Fidders Ferry Inn for a Quiz night. We didn't win (definitely lost our touch!).

Monday - Happy Birthday Allan. As Sam had to return home to Leamington that afteroon we didn't go far, just to Manchester where we went to The Trafford Centre, an absolutely enoooormous shopping centre that looks a bit like the Taj Mahal from a distance. It is an incredible size, with lots of marble and gilt and hundreds of shops, including all the "biggies" like Debenhams, Selfridges, Marks & Spencers etc. We spent a happy couple of hours seeing a fraction of what was on offer - Sam and I had a relaxing massage (wonderful) and we all met up for a cuppa before leaving for the station to farewell Sam.

This evening Janet (Dot's daughter) came around with the two youngest of her eight children, Nadia and Layla, and a friend, Millie.

About ronsan


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.