Existing Member?

Adventures Abroad

19 June, Thursday

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 19 June 2008 | Views [191]

We left Allan and Dot's just before lunch, to travel down to Leamington to stay with Sam. Not a bad journey and, as we arrived early we had a wander around the town. Dot had supplied us with enough food to feed an army - they have been so generous.

Sam finished work today as her contract had finished and she's decided she doesn't want to bother with the A1 job, not wanting to live in London. She and her friend are having a break for a week, driving through the Euro tunnel on Monday, via Belgium to Germany. She will then decide what she wants to do. Aston Martin gave her a wonderful send off and her boss has asked her to keep in touch as there might be something in the offing. Sam received a huge bouquet of flowers, a mavellous framed photo of the whole Aston Martin Le Mans team (including herself) and which was signed by all the drivers and team members, plus a card signed by all the office staff.

Tomorrow we're off to Oxford, somewhere we've wanted to visit for a while.

About ronsan


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.