Existing Member?

Adventures Abroad

15 June, Sunday

UNITED KINGDOM | Sunday, 15 June 2008 | Views [268]

Left home about 8.15am to go to All Saints’ Church, Childwall (where we were married) for the 9am service. We had a very warm welcome from everyone and Malcolm, the Lay Reader, introduced us and asked us to stand up so everyone could see us!

The service was Evangelical and Biblical (Peter Jensen would have been delighted!). Afterwards, when we were having a cup of tea in the church hall, Gary, the Minister, told us that he very much admired the Sydney Diocese and Peter and Philip Jensen in particular and that it was a worry the way some churches in England were heading. After the service in Crowthorne it was a breath of fresh air.

On the way home we bought a Thermos and a cool bag for when we go on picnics.

Most of Dot’s family came for lunch, including Julie from the Cotswolds and we had a great time getting to know them all properly (it was Fathers’ Day in England so they had all come to see Allan, who they regard as a Father and Grandfather.

Dot’s grandson-in-law has given Allan a computer (only a couple of years old!) and Julie spent most of the day setting it up for him with Sky broadband – he’s very nervous about it so it will be interesting to see how he goes!

About ronsan


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.