Existing Member?

Back in the saddle

Dreams of A/C

INDIA | Friday, 24 October 2008 | Views [583]

It's the last morning of our camel safari and whislt we've all enjoyed the desert trek , we are all pleased there is only a few hours to go. I ride side saddle for most of it, to give my bum and thighs a rest.

Our journey ends in a small town called Chemma where our air conditioned bus is waiting four us.....air conditioned bus I say! Now, I have never been on a organsied tour before but I am ready to kiss my camel's butt in exchange for some air conditioning...and here it is..big and shiny like a desert mirage.

When you only have a short period of time to travel (i.e 10 days including all travel) there is nothing better than a small organsied group tour. Someone holding a sign for you in a foreign airport, someone pointing out a good and hygenic place to eat, someone whispering in your ear a reasonable price to pay when haggling......and someone to bring you an air conditioned bus after 6 days in the desert! It was no mirage, and there was no camel-butt-kissing required.


We farewelled our camel freinds. Bye-bye Dolly. And sank into the sweet A/C of the bus, headed for Bikanner.

About roam-if-you-want-to

Me at base camp

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.