Existing Member?

The road goes ever on and on Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So...Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -- Mark Twain

Pokhara Daze

NEPAL | Thursday, 3 July 2008 | Views [919]

Since arriving in Pokhara I have been having a nice relaxing holiday.  It would be easy to stay here for a long time doing pretty much nothing.

My mornings are taken up with getting up late, followed by a lazy breakfast and the internet or a trip to the market and generally hanging around and watching life go by. 

After lunch the afternoon is spent paddling out to the temple in the middle of the lake and practising rolling and mucking around with the local kayakers.  There is even one nepali girl learning, which is very unusual.  So unusual as it turns out that the nepalis out visiting the temple have been taking photos of us in the kayaks!  I thought I was the tourist... but apparently we provide alot of enterainment while they are waiting for the boats back.

I have a few photos to upload but the nepali interweb is thwarting my every effort to upload them.  When I have tried before the internet connection has been so bad it was impossible, today the connection is quite good, but the machine won't let me... Oh well - 'This is Nepal' as they say.. maybe next time..

Tags: kayaking, nepal, pokhara

 

 

Travel Answers about Nepal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.