Existing Member?

Going East Travling, Living, and Working in China

SO! Here's the Earth, chilling...

USA | Wednesday, 8 July 2009 | Views [338]

Okay, so, this isn't at all what I wanted to do stylistically with my blog for a year.  This blog host was my last resort, my final lifeline, my backup plan to end all backup plans, the last place I wanted to turn to.  I mean, this blog is hosted by an INSURANCE COMPANY for gosh sakes... more specifically my travel health insurance company.  I was really hoping to do something more high tech with a www.yourname.com address that people would easily remember if they were trying to recall where my blog was on the internet [and this still may happen].  However, this is what I've got for now.  China seems to have blocked most of the websites that I've considered using for blog hosting.  This includes Wordpress, Xanga, Livejournal, and many other popular ones I would have considered using.  I'm fairly certain this website will work for the time being while I find a workaround.  If the Chinese government went inspecting insurance companies for blogs to censor, they deserve to have me censored from whatever I wish to browse.  But as for now, this has unlimited photo uploading and isn't costing me a dime [outside of my insurance premiums].  So as I get the ball rolling over these next two weeks, I'll be posting pictures and ramblings as to what I'm up to, things I'm concerned about, hurdles I'm facing, etc.  After I arrive in China, I'll make sure that I keep everyone posted if I get quarantined [if that's possible] and when I arrive to my home city.  

If you want to stay posted on what I'm up to without having to head over to my website, you can download an RSS feeder from the internet [Mail works fine for OS X, you'll have to search for one for Windows] and everytime I make an update to my blog you'll have a text version sent to you. 

Tags: introduction, pre-departure

 

About relivethefire


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.