Existing Member?

Going East Travling, Living, and Working in China

我准备好了...吗?

USA | Saturday, 11 July 2009 | Views [923]

So, last day at work.  Flight leaves in just over a week.  I think I'm pretty much as ready as I'm ever going to be.  I just got a really nice HI-Def video camera for taking footage when I get there.  Its incredibly small, and my mac should be sufficient to be able to edit the video footage and make some DVDs about my adventures in China.  I just bought a pair of headphones so that I can have some music on the plane... maybe I won't die of boredom on my 17-20 hour flight.  I've only got a few things left that I have to take care of. I still have quite a few things in my apartment that need to be moved back to my home in Kalamazoo - some bigger items: my bed, bookshelves, and student refrigerator.  Also some smaller things like some baking supplies, dishware, silverware, and other essential items.  Shouldn't take too long to move back, and my long time friend Ben is hopefully going to be up this weekend with his truck to help me move back the bigger stuff.  The smaller stuff I'll probably be hauling with my car.  

I've got a doctors appointment on Monday with my family physician, just to make sure that everything checks out and I'm up to date with everything in terms of immunizations.  He apparently didn't have all of the immunization records at my office so he recommended a couple shots I'd already had.  I'm going to grab those from the health department and give him those along with my other incredibly freaking expensive immunizations I've received the past month [$500 for Japanese Encephalitis, $79 for typhoid]. 

MUTO made a banner for me to hang when I get to China.  NICE! Everyone gets flair.

I've got some photos from my last day of MUTO that I'm posting. 

 

About relivethefire


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.