Existing Member?

Steve and El go Latino Here we go, two little kiwis off to discover the South of America for 3 months. Come along for the ride.....

Traveling Salta with the USA

NEW ZEALAND | Tuesday, 15 September 2009 | Views [545] | Comments [4]

WE NOW have photos!

Well what started out as a planned trip on a gondalla turned into a 500km drive through the mountains of Salta. We arrived in Salta, far north of Argentina after a 16 hour bus ride through the night and had dinner at a crazy 10.40pm (thats what they do here).  We then met Kent and Dee from San Francisco California and embarked on a great adventure.  Hired a little Chrysler and drove for 12 hours through the Capayche valley and mountains.  We got as high as 4080 metres above sea level and it was amazing.  The views were different through every part of the journey and we just said WOW the whole day!  Our american buddies were brilliant value - we laughed all day and night singing flight of the concords renditions.  Stopped at a tiny town - San Rosario which was so quaint and tiny.  Had a massive slab of unknown meat served over yellow rice for lunch.  The meat is just referred to as Carne - not any specific meat so you never know what you´re eating.  Yum fun fun.  Saw herds of lamas and tiny settlements miles from nowhere along gravel roads, way up in the sky.  Now appreciate the beauty and cleanliness of New Z like never before.  Missing everyone. 

Crossing the border to Bolivia tonight. Leaving at 12.45am!

Beautiful Capayche valley

Beautiful Capayche valley

Comments

1

holy crap are there cactus there?
try to find scorpions bro they are awesome, pick it up with a piece of paper or something and throw it at someone!
i also sawy a photo of a cowboy. awesome. you should duel him if you have a gun on you.
are you allowed guns there?
if so, definitely carry one. just incase some crazy guy tries to come at you with a sword or something.
have fun in BOLIVIA!
is it really hot? like 40 degrees and stuff?
real sweaty? haha miss you both.

  mark Sep 15, 2009 8:14 AM

2

oh my gosh - crazy times! i love it! i love the way you tell the stories el, keep em' coming, we're loving reading about all the adventures. and i love it that you have eat mystery meat...you of all people :).

am i to gather from your comments that americans are growing on you? or did you just not tell kent and dee that you hate their native homeland and most of the locals?

love ya xx

  Deb Sep 15, 2009 8:24 AM

3

love travelling with you. Love the unknown meat idea. Miss you heaps .Say hi to Bolivia 4 us
m and d

  dad and mum Sep 15, 2009 5:00 PM

4

Yes Deb, I actually told them they didn´t seem at all like americans to me and they so appreciated it :0 Yea have eaten some pretty suspect stuff - its gotta be done when you´re starving though! So far so good xx

  reidy Sep 19, 2009 5:01 AM

About reidy

Church in Salta

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.