Existing Member?

raspberry's rambles

It's cold!

NETHERLANDS | Tuesday, 18 December 2007 | Views [500] | Comments [3]

It's freezing! literally. :(

Apparently it is going to be about 2 today. I've got two layers of pants on which I had warming over the heater and I can already feel my skin getting cold.

Anyways, we went to Amsterdam on Thursday last to see the Rijksmuseum and I finally got to see the Night Watch by Rembrandt. That was pretty cool I must admit. We were gonna wander around but I was so cold - I think that was the first day it hit those cold temps. Before that it had been a bearable 6-10 degrees. After the Rijksmusem we went to the Cobra cafe on the museumplein (Museum square) and I do not recommend that place to anybody. The food was lousy and cold and gave me food poisoning. I threw it all up later that day.

I took a couple of pics - not many, it's too cold to take out my camera and smile for pics when I'm freezing - so I'll post those up.

Then on Sat we went to Haarlem to visit a couple of friends of Ronald's. The town is older than Amsterdam and it's gorgeous! There is one hellova massive church in the main square. We didn't spend too much time wandering around as it was cold - though not as cold as Amsterdam or today. Naturally, I had my camera with me but of course, I forgot my memory card was in my laptop at home so there are no pics of the lovely Haarlem. It's like a smaller version of Amsterdam without all the tourists and it was lovely. We're gonna go back when it warms up a bit more and enjoy it again.

We also got ourselves a Christmas tree on Saturday and we put it up yesterday and bought decorations. We indulged and got ouselves some chocolate balls to put on it and also these really awesome clear glass balls that have a christmas tree and reindeer inside. Once the tree is all done up I'll take some pics of that and post them up too.

Tags: Sightseeing

Comments

1

Awww! And it's only going to get colder, too. Looking forward to seeing your Xmas tree though. We only have to teeny ones, so our baubles are also ickle.

  Scarey Girl Dec 20, 2007 1:37 AM

2

(((Rb)))

  Christy Jan 1, 2008 5:17 AM

3

It's better now a bit. I've got myself some nice thermal pants and they keep me fairly warm if we're moving outside. The worst thing here is the wind. Gets so cold and windy and it gets in everywhere. I probably need a better jacket that keeps wind out.

  raspberrybullets Jan 5, 2008 1:15 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Netherlands

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.