Existing Member?

raspberry's rambles

Efteling, Christmas, yada yada yada

NETHERLANDS | Saturday, 5 January 2008 | Views [836]

It's been a very busy time over Christmas and New Year and I haven't had much time to update or even add comments to all those Efteling pics I posted up a few days back.

So to get back to Dec 21, we went to Efteling which is a Fairytale Park. It was really gorgeous. They had it all decked out to look very wintery. That it had got cold enough for all the fog to freeze on the trees just added to the effect. We had quite a beautiful day for it. The sun was shining, there was no wind or rain. It's nice to see the sun occasionally.

We went with Paul and Michel, two of Ronald's friends from scouting. Paul drove us in his van about an hour or so south from Almere. I should put my little dooby on the map where it was actually.

A good portion of the park is dedicated to lifesize displays of fairytales, often animated. It was really cool. I've posted up a lot of pictures of that which I'll eventually get around to adding the comments on so that you all know what you're looking at.

The rest of the park was rides and amusements. Most of them quite gentle, sitting in a little train like thing and going around viewing the displays they had created. One of my favourites was the Droomvelucht (Dream flight) which took you through a fairytale forest at night and showed you what all the fairies and elves and pixies and nymphs and goblins were up to. Truly beautiful.

The other really cool thing was the 3D movie which was about saving Pandas or something. I'd never seen a 3D movie before cos when I'd tried, those glasses never worked for me and I didn't get any of the 3D effect. But these new cool glasses seem to work and I actually got to see it. Was awesome!

Hmmm time is short, more on Christmas later.

Tags: Sightseeing

 

 

Travel Answers about Netherlands

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.