Existing Member?

RandYwakefield This is the story of R-Robin and Y-Yasuko Wakefield in Canada, USA, and a touch of Mexico

NIAGARA FALLS

CANADA | Monday, 10 September 2007 | Views [616]

R and Y and Falls

R and Y and Falls

The flight to Buffalo via Chicago was pretty smooth and we picked up our hirw car and navigated to Niagara Falls (with some difficulty) without the gps. Took a walk along the rapids (above the falls) only a block from our hotel.  We walked on up to the falls and continued over the bridge into Canada and had a beer overlooking the falls. The view from the Canadian side is much better and so is the general atmosphere.  We hadn't realised that it was labour-day weekend and everything was sooo crowded, so we just stayed in the hotel and had an early night.

We had planned to spend the next night on the Canadian side at the Brock Plaza Hotel (where Marilyn Monroe stayed when filming "Niagara"), so we checked out before taking the trip on the "Maid of the Mist".  I wasn't so crowded and we didn't have to queue for too long. It was a great experience on the maid and we got some good photos. Used the gps to navigate over to Canada and it was sooo easy. Dove over to look a t Lake Ontario and made the mistake of wetting myu feet in the sludge on the (gravel) beach.  Had to borrow a garden hose from a nearby resident to get the muck off my feet.

Checked in to our falls view room and had a fantastic dinner in  the top floor dining room of the Sheraton next door - closer to the falls.  The rest of the story is in pictures, but we can't say enough about how fantastic it was.  Next day off to New York (by car) (using the gps).

Tags: Adventures

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.