Existing Member?

My travels

23 hrs on the train

INDIA | Tuesday, 17 March 2009 | Views [439]

The trip from Bombay to Agra was the longest yet but we were travelling in style in the 2AC class. We each had a bunk with a little curtain that we could close. We crashed into bed and woke up the next morning to quite different scenery. After a random breakfast of biscuits and omellete we sat about trying to think of things to do to fill our time on the train. We were looking for somewhere to plug in the computer to at least give us something to do, we managed to find a spot for half and hour or so but that was all. The remainder of the time we wither spent either asleep or reading. Unfortunately, the food on this train was not as good as some of the previous train food we had, and we ended up eating the same thing for lunch as well as dinner. We arrived late in Agra and went to our booked hotel which turned out to be in a really cool location 1 minutes walk from the Taj Mahal. We went up to the roof top garden for a view of the famous building and we had the place to ourselves for an hour before retiring to bed for an early start to avoid meeting the tour buses at the Taj.

 

About qui001


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.