Existing Member?

RTW 08/09

Iguazu Falls

BRAZIL | Thursday, 23 October 2008 | Views [738] | Comments [2]

I eventually got out of Buenos Aires after 8 days. I didnt really have a plan of how long my stay would be., but I left enough time for my poor little legs to recover from the run, well that is my excuse for staying just over a week.

I caught a bus in Buenos Aires last Friday evening for the 16 hour bus trip that took 18 hours to Puerto Iguazu.

Anyone that has been to Argentina before will know that not only are their steaks the best in the world but the buses are also. I treated myself to a Cama seat which folds flat just like a bed and I have to say I slept great on the trip which is unusual for me.

We had a steak for our dinner followed by champagne and a couple of movies before nodding off. I haven´t got a picture of the bus yet but I will be booking a Cama in the future when I return to Argentina.

The attraction in this part of the country is the amazing Iguazu Falls. I haven´t been to Niagra but I´m informed that these falls are the best in the world.

You can see the falls from Argentina and also from Brazil. Most people make the effort to see them from both side and it´s well worth it.

On Sunday Orlagh, Kate, Sinead (Balbriggans finest nurses that I met in Buenos Aires) joined me to visit the Argentinian side of the falls. We spent about 6 hours walking around the falls and also did a boat trip which takes you right up to a couple of the waterfalls for a good soaking. I´ll let the pictures do the talking :-)

On Sunday I got a taxi across the border to Brazil and spent about two hours viewing the falls from that side before heading to Foz de Iguazu and catching a bus to Rio De Janerio.

I arrived in Rio on Tuesday afternoon after a nice 21hour trip. I plan to stay here for a week and will update my blog with pictures and a few tales next week.

Thats all for now folks!

Comments

1

Hey Paul,
Looks like your having an absolute ball. Ill be depending on your blog for lots of ideas for my trip.
Looks like 17th April I fly to Rio. I guess you'll be long gone by then.

Enjoy South America and keep on posting.

Stephen

  Stephen Oct 31, 2008 4:28 AM

2

Sounds like your having a great time. Cant wait to fill you in on my trip. I have only taken over 1000 photos in 3 days so it shouldn't take to long...

Talk soon,

Wee sis xxx

  Leanne Oct 31, 2008 4:20 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.