Existing Member?

Wonderings of a Wanderer eandering through foreign lands, whose people speak in tongues unknown... I seek to learn and understand cultures, customs not my own… I yearn to learn, to see, expand, my knowledge as I wander, roam… To visit places, see first-hand the lands tha

Dumped in Mancora

PERU | Thursday, 29 March 2007 | Views [606] | Comments [1]

Ok... no, I don't have a boyfriend and no they didn't dump me.  It's a surf beach.  Yeah right... you call that a wave?  And so I was wading... wading in Mancora... in my bikini (shock horror) wearing my cap and sunnies... when suddenly this big wave came and unceremoniously dumped me!  Not my most... graceful moment!  Anyway, when I surfaced first I checked the status of my bikini.  Yes, still on (phew!!).  Hat still on but glasses...??  And I'd only just turned down a gafas de sol man earlier too... (guys selling sunnies everywhere here on the beach... ). But is was fun... so I stayed, got dumped a few more times for good measure - had to make the most of wetting my nice clean hair...

Keep well all...

Tags: Adrenaline

Comments

1

hi merryn, been reading, with interest and amusement some some of your exploits in the land of flies and crocodiles, just to let you know that i still think about you and miss you at the same time, keep safe and enjoy and learn from such a wonderful experience.

see you on your return to oz..

david & ginger

  David & Ginger Apr 8, 2007 7:57 PM

About pistachio_tumbleweed

Townsville skies... manipulated

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.