Existing Member?

Living the Dream

The Train back to Aberdeen

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 19 June 2012 | Views [351]

So after driving through the night from Dereham to Glasgow with a stopover at the services for a sleep before we head back with the camper. The place where the camper is based is 45mins drive from Glasgow and as the guy took forever to look over the camper we are now in a dash to get to Glasgow train station to get back to Aberdeen. The camper people have called us a taxi and I wont lie it’s the worse looking taxi going. Even the female driver looks like a ex junkie and is about 2 inch away from the window. But the best laugh of the worse taxi ride is asking her to take us to Glasgow train station we get the reply of ‘Do you know how to get there?’ I am sorry but a taxi driver who lives 45mins away from Glasgow doesn’t know how to get Glasgow train station? I mean really do we live in a world of stupid’s? None the less the lady is lucky we have a iphone and Gobey can check on the maps the direction we need to get there. Finally arriving at the station we have about 30mins before the train is due to leave. No last time we were on a train Gobey was about to jump off due to the other ‘out there’ passengers. And that was only a short train ride from Edinburgh to Aberdeen. Today we are going from Glasgow to Inverurie. I feel it’s going to be a long journey.

1 large bag in tow, me, a handbag and 2 cool Costa caramel smoothies and we are ready to get on the train and get going. I find the seats and Gobey is left to find a space for the bag. Now I have to admit we have a very large bag for just the two of us, and a bag full of food and drink we didn’t touch in the week. So we are taking up a little room on the train. But I did book the table seats for us and I am glad I did.

We both had a snooze on the train and before we knew it we were arriving in Aberdeen, but due to the arrival of this train we need to get another train to Inverurie so someone can pick us up and not sit in the rush hour traffic in Dyce to get home.

And getting home to a chipper for tea and climbing into your own bed after squeezing into a single bed for a week is so nice. A good night’s sleep with nowhere to get up and get to in the morning will be nice.

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.