Existing Member?

Living the Dream

Family night at the Pub and Police ride home

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 22 June 2012 | Views [294]

Friday night at the pub is always a good thing. And we don’t get nights to the pub with the whole family very often. And I will say that also included dad!!!!!!! So we had a few drinks at the Spiders and as the night got later we all decided to leave, but Gobey and Dunc had other plans and thought they would take the night to town. Just the 2 of them, of course. So I headed home with mum and dad. As it was 11pm I thought I would just head to bed and watch telly. Unknown of time of night it was, I got the biggest scare when my mobile started ringing to hear Gobey on the other end telly me he was on his way home, were the dogs locked up and he was in a police car. Now at this point I am wide awake and he is repeating the same thing over again and asking if I am awake. I can assure you I was awake by the second repeat and sitting bolt right up. I make the way to the front door and right enough there was Gobey climbing out the police car. Me thinking he has been up to no good in town and he will have to appear in court are all running though my mind. But nope not Gobey, Gobey has been assaulted in town and his eye brow has been cut open and there is blood all over his face and white t-shirt. Not what I expected at all. Now as Gobey is a little worse for wear and there is no way he is getting into bed with blood everywhere. It took ages to get his face cleaned up and trying to find out what had happened was not going well. I will let him sleep for now and ask again in the morning. By morning Gobey’s eye is swollen and looks deep. So again I ask what happened last night to get the full story of someone smacked him from behind. The police picked him up and the other guy later. Took his statement and didn’t even offer to get his eye seen. So off to Boots in Dyce we go to see about getting butterfly stitches. Oh and the eye is starting to get infection round it. So the lady at Boots tells us we need to go to A&E so off we. We get there and it’s only a 20min wait, which in turn Gobey gets his eyebrow glued back together. No back home for we head out for tea with everyone, only tonight there is no town on the cards!!!!!

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.