Existing Member?

Living the Dream

Dover and Dereham bound

UNITED KINGDOM | Saturday, 16 June 2012 | Views [426]

Oh the white cliffs of Dover. Not really as white as I thought but hey, never been here before so its a tick off the list. We arrived late to Dover and parked just along the beach front. Listening to the sea crashing against the rocks while you try and sleep is relaxing. Gobey on the other hand is not impressed. We only need to kip for a few hours then we head to the port to drop Curtis, Jen and the girls off so they can catch the ferry to France.

6.30am is way too early to be getting up but we need to make sure everyone has everything and nothing is left behind. And we need to make sure they are not late for the ferry. Leah is still in her PJ’s and doesn’t want Ty and Alex to leave, but the UK part of their trip has come to the end. So off to the terminal we go.

The Karpetz family are off loaded from the camper and heading for the check-in. Me and Gobey are discussing where to hit the road now or have another hour on the sea front. I lose as I ain’t driving. So back to the sea front, we get back into bed for a bit and Leah is more than happy to stay in her sleeping bag watching telly. Peace and quiet.

Well the quiet didn’t last too long as my phone is ringing off the hook and its Chris calling to see where we are. It turns out Jen and Curtis have left their passports under the table bed in a bag. Panic had set in as we weren’t answering Gobey’s mobile and seen as I hardly use my UK number I hadn’t give it to Jen or Curtis. So they had called Chris in Blackpool to call my mobile (which Leah had hidden after facebooking for the morning). And I couldn’t find the thing. Never the less time to get back to the ferry terminal and get the passports to Jen and Curtis.

Dereham bound here we go. Spend the weekend in Dereham with Leah. She wants to show us where she likes to eat Chinese, friends live and the shops in the town. She is so excited about the weekend with us in a camp site and us taking her to school. Hope we don’t disappoint her!!!! So with me and Leah still in PJ’s and Gobey driving we are on our way.

Gobey has organised us to stay at Yaxston Waters just a mile away from Leah’s school and to be fair it’s not a bad camp site and the fact that you get a washing machine drum as a camp fire with wood, Gobey is in his element. All in all the site is great and the little farm shop at the entrance does a fab fruit chutney in a ploughman’s.

Tonight we are having Chinese from Leah’s favourite Chinese and tomorrow so far we have nothing planned than heading into town and catching up with washing. Old style washing in a very expensive laundrette. And its father’s day tomorrow too so we will take Gobey out for tea at least. Maybe breakfast in bed. Not sure.  I am sure whatever we do this weekend will be worth every memory.

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.