Existing Member?

Living the Dream

London Baby

INDONESIA | Friday, 15 June 2012 | Views [636]

Up, dressed and ready to go. We have parked in a car park in Woking so we are able to get the train straight into London centre. Everyone is so excited. We get a better deal with the trains if we travel after 9.30am once all the workers have taken the early trains, which suits us all fine. Starbucks in hand and we are ready for London.

Arriving at Waterloo and walking outside to view the London eye is amazing. Everyone is taken aback by how busy London is and just how close we got to the London eye. Leah want to get her picture with Big Ben and the girls want to see where the queen lives. We have a lot to see and do and we only have a day to get it all done. Off to London eye we go.

The view from the London eye is awesome. The wait to get on it and the 4D experience we did before hand we worth it all. You can see for miles and miles over London. You can see Big Ben (Leah is so excited to go near it when we get off). Queens’s house is just over the way and the river is all around us. We all want to see the best of London and time is not going to be our friend.  The whole trip round the eye takes just under an hour and we already have the next stop – Big Ben, Westminster Abby and the parliament building.

Big Ben and the parliament building are so shinny looking. Leah got her picture with Big Ben and loved looking at the building. We didn’t book ahead so we were unable to take a parliament tour so off to Westminster we go. Westminster Abby is open to everyone willing to pay the cost to in. We are in luck. When you get in you need to collect a head set for a pre recording of everything about Westminster Abby. AS the girls are under 10 they get to take part in some quiz and at the end get a chocolate bar. They are pretty happy with that and Leah also points out that Prince William and Princess Kate got married in Westminster and wants to stand where they did. Just a shame you can’t take pictures in Westminster. All throughout Westminster is statues, paintings and information we never knew about. It took us hours to go all through it and back outside. It truly was amazing.

As we have spent all day in Westminster and missed lunch we were all hungry so we thought we would head for Burger King. Using Google doesn’t help but the unexpected can bring you to somewhere nice, and we really did find a gem of a restaurant. Italia and it was to die for. We ate like kings and queens and the kids were more than happy with cheese pizza. It was the nicest food we had had all week. But hey we don’t have long to sit and enjoy it too much we still have places to see.

We were only a short walk from the Palace so we head down taking in all the sites we can. The Palace is HUGH. The water feature in front is breath taking and just for good measure there is a AA truck in the drive fixing a car.

After the Palace we head to London Bridge. Everything is closing for the night and we still have so much to see. We get to London Bridge and just as luck would have it we were able to get on the water taxi back to Waterloo. The boat ride was amazing as we saw everything we missed out. London is a city you need longer than a day to see everything.

By the time we got back to Working we had done all modes of transport in London – train, boat, walking and taxi. It was a day full if information and interesting builds it’s just a shame we couldn’t see them all. Gobey tells me that London at Christmas time is stunning so maybe that’s a future thing for the two of us. Never mind it’s time to hit the road again. Dover bound and out.

 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.