Existing Member?

Living the Dream

The big day has arrived

INDONESIA | Saturday, 9 June 2012 | Views [348]

Well it’s here. The big white wedding day. And to be fair I am not sure who is more excited me or Leah. I have been up since 7.30am as the hair dressers are arriving about 9am to do my hair, both mums’, Natalie, Ruth, Debbie and the 3 girls. It’s going to be a very stressful morning making sure everyone is ok. Sam is still not feeling well. So she is getting ready at her house. Ian is in charge of getting the cars dressed, collecting my dress from Sam’s. Debbie is collecting the flowers from Dyce on her way to the house. And it’s all go. Everyone has to get breakfast. Washed and ready for the hairdresser. 3 hair dressers arrive and it’s a full kitchen. The girls are first as they will take the longest to get sorted. Up next are mums and bridesmaids. I squeeze in the middle with my tiara. Before long the photographer is here to start taking pictures of us all getting ready. And the house is so busy. Photos are in full swing, everyone’s hair is looking stunning and the kids want to get dressed and they don’t want to miss me getting dressed. So without further to do, it’s time for me to finish my makeup and get my dress on. Samantha is up and she is the only one who can do up my dress. Shoes on, dress on, make up ready and everyone is so shocked by my very big, princess inspired dressed. Debbie is in shock, the kids think I look like a real princess and Chris is tearing up. I can’t deal with tear just yet. I only just finished my makeup. We get under way with house pictures with mum, dad, the bridesmaids and flower girls. We do picture inside and outside, all while waiting for Meldie to turn up so he can drive me and dad. Grandma and Granda turn up to collect mum and everyone is on their way to the hotel. The bus turned up on time to the Marriott and everyone should be on route to the hotel. So far so good. Meldie has arrived and it’s time for us to get going. Dad and Meldie are in fits of giggles as they now try and push me and a very large dress into the back of the car. Once they are finished all you can see is my head and a hell of a lot of dress. And dad sitting next to me. Best get this show on the go. The wedding was the most amazing day we have ever had. Everything went well, the reception food was amazing and everyone who was involved were just amazing. The band for the evening had everyone up dancing all night and not a single complaint. We did have the fairy tale wedding. Now all I need to do is get Gobey to agree to Vegas and Elvis for our 25th Wedding Anniversary.

 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.