Existing Member?

Living the Dream

Open House

INDONESIA | Friday, 8 June 2012 | Views [282] | Comments [2]

I am either crazy or just plain stupid, holding a open house the day before a big wedding for all wedding guests to see where we live and to have nibbles and drink ready. Now we are unsure how many will turn up, how long anyone will stay for or if anyone will eat and drink anything. Yesterday due to the weather there was a small back log of flights coming in so everyone should be landed and off the plane by 12.30pm. Gobey has organised everyone to get collected with Chris from the airport and Natalie is off work now, so she is now on collection duty.

Holly crap I didn’t see this coming. The guts of 50 people turning up at once standing in our kitchen eat the 12 loafs of sandwiches mum and grandma made. I have asked Natalie to go to the store twice now to get more beer as it’s not lasting very long.

Gobey then drops the bombshell we need to go and collect Uncle Ian and his wife Cheryl from Pittodrie house to talk about tomorrow and take them back to the house for the open day. We leave in the middle of everyone arriving, it’s mental and we need to be back in time to cut the cake and say thank you for coming. Talk about keeping everything to last minute!!!!!

Comments

1

Nipples eh!? No thank you x

  Mum Aug 17, 2012 7:56 PM

2

What was on offer? Milk and cookies? X

  Sam Aug 17, 2012 8:11 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.