Existing Member?

Living the Dream

Hogmanay

UNITED KINGDOM | Saturday, 31 December 2011 | Views [288]

Well new dresses bought for me and Leah, new shirt for Gobey and we look very dapper the 3 of us. We are due to the hotel about 7pm for arrival drinks, but as we are unsure if Leah can come we have booked a room in the hotel for her to sit watch telly, order a pizza and have that while we eat down stairs and after the meal she can join us and enjoy the band and see in the New Year with us.  So I can’t remember what Gobey said to the conference manager about Leah being upstairs, but she got her pizza for free, we didn’t pay for the room and she got to come down and enjoy pudding with us and dance the night away. She looked so cute in her fancy dress I picked up in Bali on the way home, and she just loved here the bag pipes to start the evening. All the men in kilts tickled her no end and her face for the whole night had the biggest smile on it. By far the best Hogmanay for the while.

But I will say the smile didn’t appear till after she got to dance. Once the piper had left the music started and the first song was something Leah loves to sing and dance to but Gobey said no. Yu should have seen the face, not impressed. She bugged him for about 5 mins, the song had finished and she still wasn’t able to dance. Yip begging me I felt sorry for her she only wanted to dance. So good old Steve took her up to the dance floor to have a dance and from that song on, we hardly saw her for the whole night. We did finally get a dance with Leah just before the bells and it was a perfect way to bring in 2012. Gobey, Leah, me, mum, dad, Natalie, Samantha, Steve and Graeme. 2012 is going to be an amazing year.

 
 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.