Existing Member?

Living the Dream

Badminton – it’s a dangerous sport LOL

INDONESIA | Thursday, 18 August 2011 | Views [241]

So there is a spots hall and the swimming pool just up from where we live – 5 minutes’ walk. So I took it upon  myself to start a ladies badminton on a Thursday morning. 1 for me to meet others and 2 so I can finally beat Gobey (past couple of games he has kicked my ass and I don’t like losing). So first class was small but nice and every week from there got bigger. I had only organised badminton for the month of August as I was unsure how many would turn up, and if at all carry on. But to my surprise it is very popular.

So the class got bigger that we could play 2 courts of doubles and have 2 set of doubles waiting to play the winner and losers. It was such a nice morning and everyone was loving it. Gobey picked me up at lunch time and we went home. Gobey eat and went back to work and I sat on the sofa not really feeling great. Siti (my friend and cooking teacher) came past for a catch up and asked if I was feeling ok. I finally got a shower and spent the rest of the afternoon on the sofa and the evening. By the time bed time came I got up from the sofa with the worse sore head I had every felt. Gobey said to get some sleep and it will be fine.

That was the worse nights sleep ever. Every time I moved my head was so painful I was in tears. I woke Gobey up and said I still wasn’t feeling good and I had taken my migraine pills to see if that would help.

Morning came Gobey went to work and I needed him to get me the doctor. This headache was like nothing I had ever had and was getting worse. Getting up to the toilet or just moving in the bed was painful.

Gobey came and got me to take me down to the hospital to see the doctor. The 2 miles down the hill on the worse man made road was a killer. I was crying so much as the pain was getting worse. My poor head was rattling all over the place. Got to the hospital and the doctor gave me some pain relief and gave me a x-ray. Sent me home with more painkillers to see how I would get on.

Well it turns out the painkillers didn’t work, and I was taken back down to the hospital to be admitted to the VIP room in Tembagapura hospital.

 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.