Existing Member?

Living the Dream

Going for GOLD !!!

INDONESIA | Saturday, 23 July 2011 | Views [162]

So it’s an early start to get to the pool for the Olympics and I am so nervous. I haven’t been in a swimming heat in years (poor mum only knows too well after all the travelling).

I get to the pool for 0745 am only to be told that I won’t be swimming till 11am in my first 50m freestyle and 1230 for the relay. But I guess I can use the time to see how everyone else is swimming. And to be fair it was nice to see all of Gobey’s working swimming.

There were 3 groups in total for the swimming – over 35’s, under 35’s and mixed 150m relay.

So I finally get in the water and I am so nervous. Some of the other ladies times have been quick and I have been unable to get a time yet with my training.

3, 2, 1 go and I am off. Free styling my butt off to the end – tumble turn done and I am heading back. I can hear so much noise while I am swimming and can’t make up my mind what it is. But forget the noise I need to concentre on my arms/legs/breathing to get to the end.

FINISHED – at last!!! 41 seconds and I am in first place so far. Now I need to wait and watch all the rest of the swimmers to see if I will still be first.

I worked so hard and kept my first place – GOLD for Dionne J now I just have to get the relay out the way. I hope we place.

The 2 other women from Gobey’s work go first and second and I am last. So all ready to go – best pull my best out here.

You got it I did – Bronze for us. Couldn’t be happier for getting bronze and nor can Gobey’s work.

Now all I have to do is wait for my medals to come inJ.

 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.