Existing Member?

Living the Dream

First stop Jakarta

INDONESIA | Wednesday, 24 August 2011 | Views [170]

So we are now in Jakarta and there is a driver for the hospital here waiting for us. They want me to stop here for more blood tests and all over checks before we check into the hotel and head to Singapore in the morning.

I am so done and feel so crap from all the travelling i have no idea how long it took to get to the hospital (the driver was on a mission Gobey tells me). I get admitted and the let me lay down on a bed to take more bloods, ask the same questions as Tembagapura. As i am so tired and we cant go anywhere till the blood tests are back I fall asleep. Don’t know how long i was out for but we did finally leave to head to the hotel.

As its me that’s on the medivac everything is in my name. And as Gobey is my career (he wore his paramedic t-shirt to transit from Tembagapura to Jakarta) when we went to check into the hotel they looked so worried that he was standing with me and answered yes to the king size bed (which turned out to be a UK super king – so much space). The man looked so shocked that the paramedic would be sharing a room with the patient. Gobey corrected him and said we were man and wife. I think the receptionist found some relief from that.

Room was nice. Ordered food as we were both so hungry and before you knew it I was out cold again. Early start again for the first flight out to Singapore. All being well answers in the morning.

Oh and mum and dad have left for Singapore. They should arrive not long after us.

 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.