Existing Member?

Living the Dream

Jakarta - Day 1

INDONESIA | Thursday, 23 June 2011 | Views [294]

WOW, we have just landed in Jakarta International Airport (Soekarno-Hatta) and it couldn’t come soon enough. What a flight!!!!!

The Journey from Singapore to Jakarta is only about 90 minutes, but this flight felt like a life time. The turbulences were horrific and me and Gobey spent most of it holding hands (squeezing actually). Both our hands had little circulation in and I’m certain we were both thinking the same thing, but neither of us said it to one and other. That was are we going to get there or is this big METAL BIRD GOING TO DROP OUT THE SKY.

Ok a day later than expected, but hey we are here.

Straight out the terminal and already there is guys collecting our bags (well they were the last ones off as we took ages getting through customs). Gobey is telling me to be ready for just how busy Jakarta is, but you really can’t tell someone till they see it!!

Out to the car where a driver is waiting for us, and we are fighting again with all our cases (what can I say we didn’t pack light) trying to get them in the car. Hotel Kristal (http://www.hotelkristal.com ) here we come!!

Gobey had to go to work so I had the comfort of enjoying a few hours kip in our new MASSIVE room (2 bedrooms, living room/dining area/kitchen and 2 bathrooms) and enjoy a little room service for lunch and wait for Gobey to come back.

Gobey is back and its tea time already – so down to the bar for some beers and burgers. He tells me it’s a day at the office tomorrow so off to bed early we go.

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.