Existing Member?

Living the Dream

Jakarta - Day 2

INDONESIA | Friday, 24 June 2011 | Views [270]

So it’s day 2 in Jakarta and it’s time to get going. We head down for breakfast – what a spread!! The hotel has everything for breakfast from fruit, full cooked breakfast to rice and noodles. (BUT NO PORK SAUSAGES TO BE SEEN ANYWHERE)

Driver from Gobey’s work is waiting for us at 9am and we are back out to the busy streets of Jakarta. This is such a strange experience being chauffer driven everywhere, you fell like a VIP but we both hate it Gobey wants to behind the wheel and I want to be shotgun. You have never seen somewhere so busy. Mopeds EVERYWHERE. People EVERYWHERE. It’s so busy. And so strange.  There seems to be no written rules for driving over here, but somehow it just works people are constantly flashing their lights beeping their horns but they don’t ever go mad. We drive down the road and there are just little shacks of buildings next to big extravagant hotels/houses. Such a strange place to see.

So we get to Gobey’s work and everyone is so friendly. We get pictures taken for visa’s and then go round desks so Gobey can say hi and bye. We are then taken out for lunch to this mall. And what a mall this was (UK you are put to shame). This mall was 5 levels high on the first side and 3 on the other. Joined by the longest walk way to get from one side to the other. We walk round the stores just looking to start with. But there is just so many you can’t see them all. We walk round for about an hour (Gobey bought me this ace top) and then we head up to the 5th floor and headed to this Chinese restaurant. WOW the tastiest Chinese I have had for ages. Both me and Gobey loved it.

We were then left to wander round the mall for a few hours before the driver came back to collect us. We headed back to the office to sort out any last bits, and plan our night out for the evening.

So back to the hotel to get our glad rags on............

 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.