Existing Member?

Living the Dream

Singapore Dream

SINGAPORE | Wednesday, 22 June 2011 | Views [322]

2am – and we are both wide awake in the hotel (we were staying at  the Grand
Pacific Hotel
http://www.hotelgrandpacific.com.sg was very nice if you fancy a stopover)

Gobey is feeling peckish and I am too. So we get dressed and go head for a golden arches snack. 24 hours McD’s are everywhere in Singapore. As we head there Gobey tells me this is truly living the dream (if we were 12) eating a cheese burger happy meal at 3am!!

All fed and ready to go – just 1 problem nowhere else is open at 4am, so back to hotel for a few more hours kip before breakfast.

10 am and we have missed breakfast! So not wanting to waste time we get changed and head outside to starting ticking off our  sightseeing list.

First on the list is Raffles (www.raffles.com ) for a Singapore Sling and monkey nuts at the bar (Gobey has a fag too). It is 11am and this is breakfast!! To say the least it was nice. More of living the dream!!! Next on the list is – lunch at Raffles. We go to the bakery and have a nice sandwich and pastry before we get going again.

When Gobey was in Singapore last time he tells me about this amazing building with a ship on the roof. We saw a glimpse of it in the taxi yesterday and today on a clear day we can see it. So in pure British style we start walking (in the mid day sun) in the direction of it, but with so many many high rised buildings around we keep losing sight of it. we feel so small in this huge city, after about an hours walk and many photos later we arrive at the bottom of this building

WHAT A MASTER PIECE OF A BUILDING (www.marinabaysnads.com ). This building is a must see on the Singapore check list. The 20 Sing Dollars that it cost to go to the top was so worth the money. We where up 52 floors (ears popped in the lift, and the lift took seconds to get there) and the view was AMAZING. You could see all the ships at anchor once you walked out the lift. And as you walked round the ‘deck’ of this flouting ship there was nothing but breath taking views.

You then went up another floor to the roof top pool for the hotel (this building has it all - hotel, conference centre, shopping mall, casino and an indoor gondola. Yes indoor gondola!) The pool was stunning. It has sun loungers in the water, you can swim to the edge to look out over Singapore. You could really spend all day in the pool looking at the views. Unfortunately for us, we were not hotel guests and weren’t allowed in the pool. Gobey does tell me we will spend a night here some day.

We head back to collect our passports and new visa’s, check out the hotel and get ready for our flight to Jakarta.

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Singapore

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.