Existing Member?

Living the Dream

Bright Singapore

SINGAPORE | Tuesday, 21 June 2011 | Views [292]

So here we are, Singapore. After the 13 hr flight (most of which was sleeping) we are here. Quick smoke break for Gobey before we head to collect the bags.

Through customs and baggage collection here we are. 30 minutes later we are still missing 1 bag. Where is the bag, we paid extra for this bag and it ain’t here!!! Where is the bag??

Off to the lost and found man – ‘Oh Mr Gobey your bag is still in London. You will have to go fill in a form in the lost and found office. Your bag should arrive tomorrow on the next flight’. So we leave that with them and take our other bags we don’t need to the the left luggage (not much point pulling 6 bags around when we only need 2). We will collect them tomorrow before we get the next flight to Jakarta.

So off to the hotel we go. Mid way to the hotel Gobey can see his work and jumps out the taxi to go and drop off the passport for the visa office in the morning. So I am left to get to the hotel and check in.

All checked in and ready for a wander round this big city. We head to Clarke Quay for some tea and to see some of the bright lights. We head for Tapus (very tasty) and take a nice walk round. We come across the most bizarre pubs ever – CLINIC. This place is made out of medical chairs, beds as sofas, wheelchairs painted gold and you can buy a drip to drink out of!!! The highlander was also very strange – a Singapore man in a kilt!!! If only Gobey would have let me get my picture with him you would all see just how funny it looked.

So it’s now 11pm and we are both tired (too much sleeping on the plane) but back to hotel as there is so much I want to see tomorrow.

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Singapore

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.