Existing Member?

Peterstravels Leave nothing but footprints take nothing but photos and remember that souvenir is being carried for over 10000 miles!!

Einbeck and Hameln

GERMANY | Tuesday, 17 July 2012 | Views [527]

For my swan song and the last couple of days on this trip I have visited places that featured in my childhood. Firstly to Einbeck where I was able to visit the church of St Jacobi of which I have a painting, inherited from my parents, it hung on the stairs at the family home for all of my life, and now it hangs on my stairs. I am not sure if any of the family knew, except Mum and Dad, where it was of and the significant to the family. Anyway my visit to Einbeck was a somewhat interesting one as I met several locals who were very interested to see the old painting. I have now made contact with the local museum and hope to find out more about the painting and the artist.  My second visit was to the town of Hameln, famous for the Pied Piper of Hameln, I found the town a delight and again met several locals who made my visit. One of these was Claus who, on admiring my van, made a point of introducing himself as he also has a VW van in which he hopes to explore Europe. Tomorrow I drive to the North Sea coast ready for my ferry back to the UK. I will do one last blog when I get home with some statistics about my North European trip (give me till Monday). I hope that you have enjoyed reading my rants and stories as much as I have enjoyed my travels. Right from the start I decided that I would ask myself the same question each night “have I enjoyed my day and had a good time” I can honestly state here that the answer to that question was the same on 107 nights – Yes. So to the future, I will be in the UK for a few months now planning my next trip which I hopefully will be in early 2013, providing that the surgeon can fix the mess he made of my hip! Finally I would love to know who has been reading my blog I really have no idea who the 30 or 40 of you, are. So if you can, please let me know!

About peterlee54

8 Cap Roc - Western most point

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.